Friday, April 4, 2008

UTOPIAN DEBATE [ARCHITECTURE]

In this thread you must discuss Architecture. What style of housing would you use? Is "row housing" the best way to organize housing? What types of materials would be used? Wood? Stone? Brick? Mud?You must discuss the reason why you chose the materials. Is it bio-degradable?

You must respond to the ideas of at least four of your cohort (group) members.

In my utopian society everyone would be able to have their own style of house but in the same aspect. For example, everyone will have nicely cut lawns with neatly planted flowers, a two car garages, four exits, nicely stoned and glass walls. But one neighbor might want to have a differnt amount of bed rooms or bathrooms. Or they might want to add extra rooms like a movie room or a game room. I choose my house to be made out of these materials so my society will not look like the typical society with a house made from bricks. My society will be differnt and unique. In my opinion row housing is the best way to organize your housing but its plain, boring and corney. Everyones house will be connceted to gether looking the same. Someone might mistake someone elses house for their own [lol]. But with my unique way of housing in my neighborhood you cannot go wrong. Also there was a question asking if it will be bio-degradable. No. My house will not be bio-degradable, it will not be capable of being, broken down by bacterial and fungi.



- I disagree with pretty boi. Row housing is CORNEY. No-one wants to come into a neighborhood with everything looking the same. eventually it will become tiring.

- I disagree with yaya. If you just have condos people might feel uncomfortable. What is someone in your neighborhood wants to live some place small?

- I definietly disagree with ant dollas. No-one wants to live in a house with tented windows. This is not the hood and it is not your car.

- I do agree with tiffy pooh. I would love to live in her neighborhood it would seem fun and exciting.

No comments: